At POWDR, we are fortunate to be surrounded by a crew of very thoughtful people. Many have shared suggestions for community engagement and volunteer opportunities supporting COVID-19 relief efforts, and many others are looking for ways to contribute. Please find a start to the list of ways you can engage in supporting your community below, and send any additional ideas you have to email@example.com. Thanks for all that you all do for your communities in this challenging time.
COVID-19 Relief Individual Volunteer Efforts
- Support Goggles for Docs, an effort to get used or new ski goggles into the hands of healthcare workers who currently have no eye protection as they treat COVID-19 patients. Our resorts are also sharing this program with their communities.
- Give blood
- Support your local food bank
- Support your local community foundation that is deploying funds to vulnerable members of your community
- Help medical supplies get to where they’re needed through Direct Relief
- Support vulnerable and homeless populations by donating health items through Volunteers of America (UT) or United Way (CO)
- Call your local hospital or fire station and ask if you can order takeout for staff, offering free meals to first responders
- Check in on your neighbors, friends, family and co-workers – call, text, Zoom, FaceTime, Houseparty, NextDoor and MarcoPolo allow you to connect with those in your life to make sure they have what they need
- Clean your groceries. This video has been endorsed and practiced by an RN spouse of one of our own.
- Sign up for a Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) share and take the pressure off of grocery delivery services while supporting the local community
- Store food properly, cook creatively, eat leftovers and limit food waste
- Take care of yourself!